If you’re driven, dedicated, and aspire to build a career rooted in relationship management, then our Assistant Property Manager opportunity at The Grove at Lyndon Apartments is perfect for you!
PRG Real Estate is looking for an analytical, highly-personable Assistant Property Manager (APM) with Yardi experience to join our team in Louisville, KY. As our new APM, you’ll support the Property Manager in all functions of asset management while overseeing a significant portion of the on-site accounting functions and participating in the leasing of apartments.
This leadership role will also assist in facilitating the administration and strategic direction of all community operations including the annual business plan (budget); management, marketing and maintenance programs; computer operations; policies and procedures; and human resources functions to achieve maximum profitability and goals consistent with department objectives.
Essential Assistant Property Manager Job Functions
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual business plan and short-term and long-range plan
- Fulfills the role as the person-in-charge in the absence of the Property Manager
- Assists the Property Manager as-needed in the hiring, training, motivation and overall supervision of on-site staff to achieve operational goals of assigned community
- Maintains accurate resident records, updating all rents, deposits, and charges received from residents and prospects daily
- Updates required reports daily concerning move-out notices, resident activity, etc.
- Processes all move-ins and move-outs in Yardi
- Processes all security deposit dispositions, actively pursues all outstanding former resident accounts, and sends non-collectible accounts to collections
- Manages all duties associated with accounting, rent collections and coordination of the local legal process
- Manages all duties associated with month-end closing and Yardi procedures
- Organizes and files all reports, leases, and paperwork
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis submitting required reports to corporate
- Assists in the preparation and completion of purchase orders and invoices
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the creative marketing program to maximize benefits of newspaper advertising, realtor and corporate contacts, and resident referrals
If you’re the kind of person that goes above and beyond the call of duty every day, then you’ll fit right in at PRG! We believe in empowering our team members to give their best. We create an environment and provide employees with the tools they need to not only meet but exceed our resident’s expectations. We offer a fun, family atmosphere where respect and appreciation of each other is a daily given and each employee challenges each other to go to the next level. We’re socially conscious too. We care about the communities we call home, and across our portfolio, our employees are passionate about participating in charity organization events that give back to the communities in which we serve.
Aside from working with smart, passionate PRG team members and having the potential for uncapped, internal growth opportunities, at PRG we offer a competitive suite of benefits. Along with Company paid dental, life/AD&D, and long-term disability coverage, we also offer health, vision, voluntary life and short term disability insurance, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead teams to a performance level that exceeds expectations
- Minimum of 3 years administrative/management experience or equivalent required
- Two years direct property management experience preferred
- Knowledge of all phases of leasing and resident retention required
- Demonstrated experience delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards
- Ability to problem-solve and identify/implement process improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in order to communicate issues, problems, ideas, concerns and information on work progress
- Organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, shifting priorities
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and adhere to strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Yardi experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekends, or holidays as necessary
- Valid driver’s license required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred, Associates degree required
There's no better place to launch (or continue!) your real estate management career.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, apply today!