If you’re driven, dedicated, and have what it takes to build vibrant communities where residents live and prosper, our Maintenance Technician I opportunity at The Grove at Lyndon Apartments is perfect for you!
PRG Real Estate is looking for a Maintenance Technician I for our property in Louisville, KY to ensure that all vacant apartments throughout the community are thoroughly restored to “market-ready” status while creating a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for our residents. As our new Maintenance Tech, you’ll be responsible for general upkeep and cleaning of the grounds and common interior spaces as well as assisting in preparation of vacant units for occupancy.
Our maintenance teams have a reputation for their integrity and willingness to go above and beyond for our residents. Your role is critical for maintaining our high level of customer service as well as the cleanliness and marketability of the community to renew and secure new leases.
Essential Maintenance Technician I Job Functions
· Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready staff as required to meet deadlines
· Maintains constant awareness of the community’s condition and immediately takes action to correct unsafe circumstances; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights
· Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager
· Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, and closet doors
· Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter
· Rakes, sweeps, shovels, and plows the community as circumstances warrant
· Checks faucets, sink plugs and repair/replace as necessary; Replaces washers and performs repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., as needed
· Reports all major repairs to Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds
· Helps with service orders as required by the workload of the department
· Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition
· Conducts all business in accordance with company policies/procedures, Fair Housing, American with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to housing
If you’re the kind of person that goes above and beyond the call of duty every day, then you’ll fit right in at PRG! We believe in empowering our team members to give their best. We create an environment and provide employees with the tools they need to not only meet but exceed our resident’s expectations. We offer a fun, family atmosphere where respect and appreciation of each other is a daily given and each employee challenges each other to go to the next level. We’re socially conscious too. We care about the communities we call home, and across our portfolio, our employees are passionate about participating in charity organization events that give back to the communities in which we serve.
Aside from working with smart, passionate PRG team members and having the potential for uncapped, internal growth opportunities, at PRG we offer a competitive suite of benefits. Along with Company paid dental, life/AD&D, and long-term disability coverage, we also offer health, vision, voluntary life and short term disability insurance, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Minimum of 2 years building maintenance experience or equivalent required
· Technical training in one or more trades preferred
· Basic knowledge of building maintenance principles and procedures
· Basic knowledge of how to operate hand, power tools and equipment
· Ability to maintain high ethical standards
· Ability to problem-solve and identify/implement process improvements
· Organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, shifting priorities
· Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
· Ability to pay close attention to detail and adhere to strict deadlines
· Ability to maintain any license or certification as necessary
· Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekends, or holidays as necessary
· Valid driver’s license required
· High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
There's no better place to launch (or continue!) your real estate management career.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, apply today!