Do you have a basic understanding of maintenance and would like to learn the skills and knowledge to launch a career? Would you like to join a team and company that will train and guide you through this process? Have you had a difficult time finding the right opportunity due to a lack of experience? Then check out our exciting new Maintenance Intern job opportunity at River Oak Apartments!
PRG Real Estate is looking for a new Maintenance Intern who is driven, dedicated, and ready to learn the Real Estate Maintenance industry. You will train with our Maintenance Team to ensure you get the best knowledge of the field. If you are willing to work hard we will provide the tools and support to unlock your potential! If you’re looking to become HVAC/EPA certified, we’ll provide the training to obtain these designations to be successful.
Essential Maintenance Technician I Job Functions
- Maintains awareness of the condition of the property and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions; for example, broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights
- Responsible for maintaining the community on a regular, daily basis including but not limited to removing litter, debris, and pet droppings on ground
- Cleans and rakes shrub areas, water run off grates for proper drainage; shovels mud/snow when necessary
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, or Property Manager. Inspect and maintain all tools and company golf carts in excellent condition
- Possesses an understanding how to operate equipment including hand and power tools
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assist make-ready staff as required to meet deadlines
- Maintains knowledge of spare parts/supplies inventory informs Maintenance Supervisor of shortages
- Performs the following duties routinely in order to restore apartment to "market ready" status:
- Checks all lights and replace as necessary
- Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, and closet doors
- Examines, diagnoses, and repairs appliances as necessary. Inform Maintenance Supervisor of needed replacements
- Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment
- Changes locks and make keys when necessary
- Prep/paints vacant apartment, if requested
- Checks faucets and sink plugs and repair/replace as necessary. Replace washers when needed. Perform repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., as needed
- Transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assist in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary
- Repairs or replace curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- Repairs plaster holes in walls, paint as necessary
- Inspects bathroom tiles, perform minor repairs/replacements
- Inspects A/C and heating system for proper operation. Change A/C filters
- Assists with cleaning as required. Operate carpet-cleaning equipment to clean carpets
- Lends assistance during trash-out of apartment; for example, moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster
- Assists with service orders as assigned or required by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager
- Performs work area clean up and follows safety procedures
- Ensures that storage areas and utility rooms remain locked when not in use
- Selects and facilitates efficient work practices
- Maintains awareness of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts
- Reports all major repairs and need requisitions to Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds
If you’re the kind of person that goes above and beyond the call of duty every day, then you’ll fit right in at PRG! We believe in empowering our team members to give their best. We create an environment and provide employees with the tools they need to not only meet but exceed our resident’s expectations. We offer a fun, family atmosphere where respect and appreciation of each other is a daily given and each employee challenges each other to go to the next level. We’re socially conscious too. We care about the communities we call home, and across our portfolio, our employees are passionate about participating in charity organization events that give back to the communities in which we serve.
Aside from working with smart, passionate PRG team members and having the potential for uncapped, internal growth opportunities, at PRG we offer a competitive suite of benefits. Along with Company paid dental, life/AD&D, and long-term disability coverage, we also offer health, vision, voluntary life and short term disability insurance, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of basic maintenance functions
- Technical training
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance principles and procedures
- Basic knowledge of how to operate hand, power tools and equipment
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards
- Ability to problem-solve and identify/implement process improvements
- Organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, shifting priorities
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to maintain any license or certification as necessary
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekends, or holidays as necessary
- Valid driver’s license required
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
There's no better place to launch (or continue!) your real estate management career.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, apply today!